This course is recommended for Travel agents, Airline reservation agents, Tour operators, Call center agents and individuals aspiring to be any of the previous mentioned positions to equip/certify them on the travel sales essentials such as: geography, transportation, customer service, e-ticketing, hotel, fares, technology and GDS functionality.
The modules in the Foundation Level will provide delegates with an understanding of the travel and tourism industry, the practicalities of the travel professional’s role in this industry, the importance of exceeding customer expectations, and the role of technology in the travel industry.
In addition, delegates will become familiar with related subjects such as industry regulations, codes, world geography, air fares and ticketing including e-ticketing, visa and health requirements, as well as tour programs.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Define the tourism industry and its contributions to global economies; highlight employment opportunities and the skills needed to work in travel.
- Use knowledge of world geography to sell destinations and plan efficient customer itineraries
- Give accurate advice on requirements for travel documents, customs, heath and currency requirements and share the benefits of travel insurance
- Make air travel arrangements using standard industry coding and terminology and advise services and facilities available to airline passengers before and during their travel
- Describe the features of common travel products and services to sell rail transportation, car rentals, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tours • Provide a level of customer service that successfully motivates customers to purchase and builds customer loyalty
- Interpret basic airfares and rules to price and ticket air itineraries with accuracy
- Use various technology available to sell travel
- Book and sell travel products via the Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre global distribution system (GDS)
By successfully completing the examination*, you will become qualified as a holder of the IATA/UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Foundation Diploma and will be entitled to add the designation “DTTF” (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundations) after your name.
Delegates must possess the below basic skills to be eligible for the course.
- Secondary/High School Leaving Certificate/Diploma
- Basic Math skills
- Good English Skills